Nurses Healing Together for Renewed Hope
Massachusetts is home to more than 180,000 licensed nurses. Substance Use Disorder (SUD) is a chronic disease afflicting one in ten individuals across the general population, potentially even more rampant among nurses due to the profession’s heightened risk factors.
Our organization is founded by nurses who have walked the path of recovery from SUD. We are here to extend our unwavering support, guidance, and understanding to fellow nurses who are on their journey to healing.
MAPSN Peer Support Meetings
Our meetings are for nurses with substance use disorder and/or nurses participating in a monitoring program. Currently, all meetings are held virtually via Zoom. MAPSN meetings are free and confidential.
What We Offer:
- Safe and Judgement-Free Space: MAPSN provides a secure environment where nurses can discuss their challenges, fears, and triumphs without fear of judgement. Here, you’ll find a community that listens, understands, and supports you every step of the way.
- Peer Connections: Connect with other nurses who have faced similar struggles. Share experiences, insights, and coping strategies that can make a real difference in your recovery journey.
- Guidance and Resources: Our experienced nurse mentors offer guidance based on their own journeys, providing personal experiences and resources to help you navigate the ebbs and flows of recovery.
- Inspiring Stories: Read and hear stories on nurse resilience that demonstrate the remarkable strength of individuals who have overcome substance use disorder, showcasing that you’re never alone in this journey.
- Confidentiality: Your privacy matters to us. All interactions within our platform are confidential, allowing you to share your thoughts and experiences.
Join Our Community Today
Whether you’re a nurse seeking support or a nurse in recovery looking to inspire and uplift others, MAPSN welcomes you with open arms. Together, we can break the stigma, promote healing, and build a community that thrives on shared strength.
Step into a world where understanding and recovery intersect. Join MAPSN and let’s walk this journey of healing hand in hand. Your story matters, and together, we heal.
Note: MAPSN is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. Additionally, MAPSN is not a 12-Step or SMART recovery group. Our platform is designed for peer support and sharing personal experiences.